Embassy Address in India
Taking Care by Embassy of Finland
E-3, Nyaya Marg , Chankaya Puri, New Delhi -110021
Tel : (11) 41497500
Fax (11) 41497555
Visa Submission Time : 0930 to 1200 ( Monday Tuesday and Thursday)
Visa Collection Time : 1500 ( Monday Tuesday and Thursday)
Schengen Territory Indian Nationals can obtain a short stay visa for a period ranging from one to ninety days, valid for all countries of the Schengen Territory i.e. Austria, Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden & Switzerland. The Schengen Convention is a great step towards the freedom of circulation of people. Foreigners bearing a valid Stay Permit delivered by one of the Schengen States can leave and later re-enter the Schengen Territory without having to ask for a visa again, on the condition that they have a valid passport, a multiple entry visa and relevant travel documents. Applications for visas have to be submitted with the competent Consular authorities, and are determined according to the following criteria:-
a. If the Applicant intends to stay in one Country only, the application should be submitted at the Representation of the same Country.
b. If the Applicant wishes to travel to several Member States, the application should be submitted at the Representation of the Country where the main purpose of travel lies, determined by the duration of the stay.
c. If the main destination cannot be ascertained, the Country of the first port of entry into Schengen Territory is regarded as the competent Consular office for processing the application.
d. Long term visas are still subject to the laws of the Country of Destination. They must be applied for at the Consular
All submission of visa application are subject to prior appointment only. For an appointment at the Estonian Embassy in New Delhi, please visit the registration site: - https://rakendused.vm.ee/consul/broneerimine/index.php?keel_id=2 or call 011- 4948 8650.
- The Applicant should have a passport valid for at least 3 months after the expiry date of the visa. Passports should be issued within the previous 10 years and must have at least two blank pages for visas.
- Photocopy of the passport first and last page must be enclosed.
- One visa form completely filled in and signed by the applicant. The link is:- http://www.mfa.ee/visa . In case several persons (minors or a spouse) are covered by the same travel document, individual application forms must be filled in and signed by the persons concerned, in case of minors signed by the parental authority or the legal guardian.
- Two recent colored photographs of size 35 x 40 mm, with a light background, 70% face coverage. Photograph should not be more than 6 months old and no software correction is allowed.
- A covering letter from the applicant.
- Applicant's bank statement of last six months, no deposits.
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay.
- Travel program: Documents providing clear evidences about your travel program (booking transportation, itinerary, etc.).
- Flight reservation:-
- When applying for a visa for multiple visits: reservation of the first visit.
- A confirmed return ticket is required. The ticket should be bought only after the visa has been issued.
- Insurance policy valid in Schengen countries with coverage of at least 30.000 EUR for the entire duration of stay in Schengen area.
- Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa:-
- Apollo Munich for the age group of 6 months to 70 years.
- Bajaj Allianz for the age group of 6 months to 70 years.
- ICICI Lombard for the age group of 3 months to 51 years.
- IFFCO Tokio for the age group of 3 months to 70 years.
- Future Generali for the age group of 6 months to 55 years.
- NATIONAL for the age group of 6 months to 60 years.
- Reliance for the age group of 3 months to 70 years.
- Tata/AIG for the age group of 6 months to 55 years.
- Oriental Insurance Company for the age group of 6 months to 60 years.
For employees:- A letter from the employer (in English) on official company paper with stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning:-
- Address, telephone and fax numbers of the employing company.
- The name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer.
- The name of the applicant, position, salary.
- And years of service.
- Approval for leave or absence.
- For retired persons:-
- Proof of pension or other regular income.
- For unemployed adults:-
- If married: Letter of employment and income of the spouse and apostilled certificate of marriage.
- If single/ divorced/ widow/ widower: Any other proof of regular income.
- For minors (under 18):-
- Student card & Original letter of the school, mentioning:-
- Full address, telephone number of the school.
- Permission for absence.
- Name and function of the person giving the permission.
- 1 photocopy thereof.
- Minors travelling alone or with one parent:-
- Notarized certificate of permission to travel from both parents or legal guardians (when minor is travelling alone) or written confirmation from the parent or legal guardian not travelling (if minor is travelling with one parent).
- Certificate of family relation certified with apostille or proof of guardianship.
- A Notarized Authority letter in favor of the person who will submit and collect the passport.
- At the request of a consular officer, the applicant may be asked to submit additional documents and may be asked to appear in person.
- A visa application should be submitted at least 15 calendar days before the intended visit (15 days is the normal processing time) and cannot be lodged earlier than three months before the start of the intended visit.
- Passport valid at least six months
- 1 visa form
- 2 photographs with white background 35 x 45mm
- Covering letter for stating purpose of visit
- Invitation letter from invitee
- If employed - Letter from employer stating No Objection
- Return confirm ticket
- Hotel confirmation
- Medical insurance in original
- Bank statements last six months
- Tax returns last three years
- Rs. 1050.00 ( single entry 30 days)
- Rs. 1840.00 ( single entry 90 days)
- Rs. 1320.00 ( multiple 30 days)
- Rs. 1840.00 ( Multilple 60 days)
- Rs. 2630.00 ( Multiple entry 1 year)
|Processing Time |
|Tourist||10 Working Days |
|Business||10 Working Days |