Embassy Address in India
Embassy of Republic of Hungary
2 / 50 -M Niti Marg, Chankya Puri,
New Delhi -110021
Tel : (11) 26114737 / 26114738 / 39
Fax : (11) 26886742
Visa Submission Time : 0900 to 1200 ( Monday, Tuesday and Thursday)
Visa Collection Time : 1430 to 1539 ( Monday, Thursday and Thursday)
Schengen Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden, Switzerland Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovak, Poland, Estonia,Slovenia,Latvia and Lithuania
Note: Personal presence is required
Visa is now applied through VFS : http://www.vfsglobal.com/hungary/india/ . Authority to be notarized for submission and collection
|Please note : - Applicant needs to give an authority letter on Rs.10/- or above amount stamp paper, authorizing his agent to submit and collect the passport on his behalf. This authorization must be notarized. This is a mandatory requirement now. |
Note: Please make sure that the Air Ticket/ s, Invitation, Insurance and Covering Letter have matching dates.
- The Applicant should have a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of expiry of the visa with two blank pages. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document.
- One visa form (photocopy allowed), this form must be typed and signed by the Applicants. Please write your e-mail ID in column 17 of your visa application Form. The Embassy of Hungary will write the e-mail for the communication, if required. Those who don't have e-mail address please provide the ID of the travel agents or close relative. Failing to do so will result in the refusal of the visa application.
- Two recent passport size colored photographs (35 x 40 mm wide) with white background, 70-80% face coverage, Photograph taken with a digital camera must be high quality color and printed on photo-quality paper. Photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
- A Covering Letter from the Applicants. If self employed than on the letterhead of the company.
- Original Certificate of registration in the case of the self-employed duly signed and stamped by an authorized person;
- A leave letter from the Company in Original duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the business entity.
- Original Bank statement of the applicant or in case of student his/her sponsor's for the last three month duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the bank.
- Original Salary slip of the last three months from the employer and it should be signed by the authorized signatory and with company stamp/seal on it.
- Income tax return acknowledgment or in case of student his/her sponsor's for the last two assessment years.
- Original Pension slip of the last three months duly signed and stamped by an authorized person.
- Original Hotel Reservation on the letterhead.
- For minors a declaration by the legal representative on the coverage of the costs certified by public notary.
- Proof of sufficient funds/ Credit Card to cover the period of stay.
- When you apply for a short stay visa you also need to prove that you have travel medical insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in case of urgent medical attention or emergency hospital treatment during your stay including repatriation. If you apply for multiple entry visa you have to have insurance covering the period of the first visit. Please note that the insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of Schengen States not only Hungary even if your destination is Hungary. Insurance has to cover the entire period of your intended stay. The minimum coverage shall be Rs. 2 million (EUR 30 000). Please be advised that travel medical insurance cannot be substituted for cash. However, credit card policy may provide for insurance if coverage amounts to the necessary amount of Rs. 2 million. Please note original Insurance is required with the Insurance seal on it. This is a mandatory requirement. Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Vis
- Apollo Munich for the age group of 6 months to 70 years.
- Bajaj Allianz for the age group of 6 months to 70 years.
- Chola MS for the age group of 0 month to 70 years.
- Future Generali for the age group of 6 months to 70 years.
- HDFC Ergo for the age group of 3 months to 70 years.
- IFFCO Tokio for the age group of 3 months to 70 years.
- New India Assurance Company for the age group of 0 month to 60 years.
- Reliance for the age group of 3 months to 70 years.
- Royal Sundaram for the age group of 3 months to 70 years.
- Star Health and Allied Insurance for the age group of 6 months to 70 years.
- Tata/AIG for the age group of 6 months to 55 years.
- Oriental Insurance Company for the age group of 6 months to 60 years.
- United India Insurance Company for the age group of 0 month to 65 years.
- Universal Sompo for the age group of 0 month to 70 years.
- Air ticket/ Itinerary with Agency IATA seal on it.
Note: - National Insurance will not acceptable & should be original with company sign & stamp.
If self employed
|Bank statements last six months personal and company both and income tax returns last three years |
|If employed||Letter from employer stating No objection , salary slips last three months, Tax returns last three years or form 16|
Visa fee and documents same as tourist
|Processing Time |
|Tourist||10-12 working days |
|Business||10-12 working days |