Sri Lanka High Commission,
27 - Kautilya Marg,
Chankya Puri, New Delhi -1100021
Tel : (11) 23010201 / 02 / 03
Fax: (11) 2379 3604
Visa submission Time :0930 to 1200 (Monday to Friday)
Visa Collection time : 1600 to 1700 ( Monday to Friday)
For a Short Visit to Sri Lanka, travellers should obtain an ETA with effect from 1st of January 2012. please check the following Link for more information http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/center.jsp
An intended traveller planning a holiday visit, a short business trip or to transit through, needs to apply and obtain an ETA prior to arrival in Sri Lanka.
ETA application can be submitted using one of the following options:
- By the applicant
- By Third party
- By Registered agents
- At Sri Lanka Overseas Missions
- At the head office of the Department of Immigration and Emigration (DI&E), Colombo
- On arrival at the port of entry in Sri Lanka The application for ETA should be submitted electronically using one of the six submission methods mentioned above. The Department maintains a NO REFUND policy.
An ETA holder is entitled to enter Sri Lanka within three months from the date of issue of ETA.
The types of ETA:
- ETA for Tourist purpose with double entry for 30 (thirty) days
- ETA for Business purpose with multiple entry for 30 (thirty) days
- ETA for Transit for 07 (seven) days. (First 48 hours free of charge.)
General Steps to be followed:
- Submit the application.
- Receive the acknowledgement.
- Receive ETA approval or a referral notice. If a referral notice is served, you may contact Department of Immigration and Emigration for the necessary ETA.
Submission of ETA application by the applicant:
Submission of ETA application by Third Party:
- Click on the Apply button and fill in the ETA application. Pay the relevant ETA processing fee using your electronic payment cards (credit card/e-commerce enabled debit cards) and submit the application. Only Visa, Master and American Express Cards are accepted. If you are unable to pay by electronic payment cards (credit card/e-commerce enabled debit cards), you have to select one of the alternative options. Apply If your application is successfully submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment promptly.
- To check your ETA application status you may log onto the ETA website or contact 24/7 dedicated ETA call centre on 0094 71 99 67 888.
- Contact your preferred third party and advise them to lodge your ETA application.
- The third party may pay the relevant ETA processing fee and submit your application. Only Visa, Master and American Express Cards are accepted. If the application is submitted successfully, an acknowledgement will be sent as requested in the application.
- Receive your ETA approval notice or referral notice. If a referral notice is served, you may contact Department of Immigration and Emigration for necessary assistance.
- To check your ETA application status you may log on to the ETA website or contact the 24/7 dedicated ETA call centre on 0094 71 99 67 888.
- The ETA is initially limited up to 30 days from the date of arrival and it can be extended up to six months.
It is advisable to keep a copy of the ETA approval with you to be produced at the port of entry in Sri Lanka. All ETA holders should fulfill the following requirements at the port of entry.
- A passport valid for not less than 6 months from the date of arrival.(Clear scanned passport copies of the first, last and observation pages if any)
- A confirmed return ticket.
- Sufficient funds to meet the expenses during the stay.
- For business visa copy of invite & for tourist Hotel Reservation.