"Kerala - "God's Own Country" The complex network of lagoons, lakes, rivers and canals fringing the coast of Kerala forms the basis of a distinct regional lifestyle, and travelling by Houseboat along these backwaters is one of the highlights of a visit to the state. "The backwaters refer to the large inland lakes of Kerala. Today these backwaters act as vital water ways for the transport of people and produce. They are often the only link between remote, isolated villages and crowded town pockets. Our Kerala tourism section highlights the history, culture, cuisine, wildlife, hill stations and eco tourism of Kerala. It showcases the best aspects of Kerala tourism so you can know more about the tourist attractions of Kerala and enjoy Kerala tours with Kerala Backwater.
|Places to Visit: 2Nts. Kochi - 1Nt. Kumarakom - 1Nt. Houseboat - 2Nts. Kovalam |
Meal Plan: CP= Breakfast only, MAP= Breakfast & Dinner only, AP= Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner only
|Package Cost Per Person |
|Destination ||Economy ||Standard ||Deluxe ||Premium |
|On Request ||On Request ||On Request ||On Request ||On Request |
- Extra Adult/Child cost (between 05 and 12 yrs)
- Accommodation in well appointed room mentioned in the above hotel or similar category on Double sharing basis.
- Daily Buffet / Fixed Menu meals as per plan.
- A/c Indica for all surface transfers & sightseeing for the above mentioned places.
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- Any meals other than those mentioned above.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Entrance fees to Amusement parks & Boating charges.
- Any portage at airports and hotels, tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Service tax extra
- At Munnar & Thekkady, A/c rooms are not provided/required except wherever mentioned.
- In case of non-availability of rooms at the hotels mentioned, we shall provide you alternate hotels of similar category.
- Base category rooms are allotted for the stay, Any requirement / availability of higher category of room would incur extra cost.
- At Hotel Check-in time is 14.00 hrs & / Check-out time 12.00 Noon.
- At Houseboat Check-in time is 12.00 hrs. & Check-out time is 09.00 hrs.
- In A/C in Standard & Deluxe category Houseboat, A/C will be operational from 9:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M.
- In A/C Premium category Houseboat, A/C will be operational as per your requirements.
- The above rates are valid for the mentioned period only.
- Xmas and New Year supplement charges would be charged additional on actuals.
The above mentioned rates are subject to change at the time of booking .
|COMPLETE ITINERARY |
Day 01: Kochi
On arrival our representative will greet ou at Kochi Airport/ Railway Station and then transfer to the hotel. Check-in and relax for a while amidst the comforts of your room. Explore the rest of the day at your own leisure by moving around on the local several quaint spots. Overnight stay at the Hotel/Resort.
Day 02: Kochi
After enjoying the breakfast proceed for sightseeing of Kochi. Kochi is having the best preserved history of colonial times and the ideal way to bring it alive is to take a walk down memory lane. The major tourist attractions are Chinese Fishing Nets, St. Francis Church, Santa Cruz Basilica, Jewish Synagogue, and Mattancherry palace/Dutch Palace. Overnight stay at the Hotel/Resort.
Day 03 : Kochi – Kumarakom (100 kms. – 02½ hrs)
After having the breakfast proceed to Kumarakom. Reach & check-in at the hotel and relax for a while amidst the comforts of your room. Kumarakom is one of the few places in the world where the means for transportation is through boats. The major attraction of Kumarakom is the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary which lies at the edge of the grounds of an old estate where a profusion of all kinds of birds can be observed. Overnight stay at the Hotel/Resort.
Day 04 : Houseboat
After enjoying the sumptuous breakfast proceed to the boat Jetty to board the beautifully decorated houseboats and begin the enchanting backwater cruising. The backwaters of Kerala is a unique product of Kerala and is found no where else in the world. A glide in a "Kettuvallam" (Houseboat) through the enchanting backwaters is sure to rob your heart. Sparkling greens, emerald backwaters, coir-laden houseboats and magical beauty heals your mind and body as you travel to surreal Kerala. Overnight stay in the Houseboat.
Day 05 : Houseboat – Kovalam (176 kms - 05 hrs.)
After the breakfast proceed to Kovalam. Kovalam beach is known as the "Paradise of the South". Reach & check-in at the hotel and relax for a while amidst the comforts of your room. Explore the beach of Kovalam at your own to see how the everlasting sea touches the everlasting sky. Kovalam is the place where one can see the golden sand at the day time & silver sand in the night. With high rock promontory and a calm bay of blue waters, this beach paradise creates a unique aquarelle on moonlight nights. Overnight stay at the Hotel/Resort.
Day 06 : Kovalam – Trivandrum – Kovalam
After having the breakfast proceed for the sightseeing of Trivandrum. The major attractions of Trivandrum are Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple, Veli Tourist Village, Shangumugham Beach where one can watch the amazing sunset. Overnight stay at the Hotel/Resort
Day 07 : Kovalam – Trivandrum (20 kms. – 45 mins.)
After enjoying the breakfast pack your baggages with a promise to return once again to this Paradise.... Proceed on time to board your flight/train with sweet memories of your holidays. We await for your next visit ... Bon Voyage. Service ends.
|Destination ||Economy ||Standard ||Deluxe ||Premium |
|Kochi ||Mermaid Hotel |
|Harbour View |
| Dream Hotel |
|Kumarakom ||Backwater Resort |
|Paradise Resort |
|Backwater Ripples |
|Coconut Lagoon |
|Houseboat ||A/c Standard (AP) ||A/c Standard (AP) ||A/c Deluxe (AP) ||A/c Premium (AP) |
|Kovalam ||Sagara Beach Resort (CP) ||Isola Di Cocco |
|Travancore Heritage (CP) ||Turtle On The Beach (CP) |