- "God's Own Country" The complex network of lagoons, lakes, rivers
and canals fringing the coast of Kerala forms the basis of a distinct
regional lifestyle, and travelling by Houseboat along these backwaters
is one of the highlights of a visit to the state. "The backwaters refer
to the large inland lakes of Kerala. Today these backwaters act as
vital water ways for the transport of people and produce. They are
often the only link between remote, isolated villages and crowded town
pockets. Our Kerala tourism section highlights the history, culture,
cuisine, wildlife, hill stations and eco tourism of Kerala. It showcases
the best aspects of Kerala tourism so you can know more about the tourist
attractions of Kerala and enjoy Kerala tours with Kerala Backwater.
- Accommodation in well appointed room mentioned in the above hotel
or similar category on Double sharing basis.
- Daily Buffet / Fixed Menu meals as per plan.
- A/c Indica for all surface transfers & sightseeing for the above
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- Any meals other than those mentioned above.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Any transportation which is not mentioned in the itinerary ( per
km will be charged for additional use of A/c Indica).
- Entrance fees to Amusement parks & Boating charges.
- Any portage at airports and hotels, tips, insurance, wine, mineral
water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight
delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances
- At Munnar & Thekkady, A/c rooms are not provided/required except
- In case of non-availability of rooms at the hotels mentioned, we
shall provide you alternate hotels of similar category.
- Base category rooms are allotted for the stay, Any requirement
/ availability of higher category of room would incur extra cost.
- At Hotel Check-in time is 14.00 hrs & / Check-out time 12.00 Noon.
- At Houseboat Check-in time is 12.00 hrs. & Check-out time is 09.00
- In A/C in Standard & Deluxe category Houseboat, A/C will be operational
from 9:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M.
- In A/C Premium category Houseboat, A/C will be operational as per
- The above rates are valid for the mentioned period only.
- Xmas and New Year supplement charges would be charged additional
The above mentioned rates are subject to change at the time
of booking .
Day 01: Kochi Munnar (158 kms. - 04 hrs.)
On arrival our representative will greet
you at Kochi Airport/ Railway Station. Later proceed to Munnar
the place where the unfolded green carpet is waiting for you. Munnar
is breathtakingly beautiful a haven of peace and tranquility -
the idyllic tourist destination in God's own country. On the way
you can also watch the lovely waterfall in Cheeyappara and
colourful flowers in Blossom Garden. Reach & check-in
at the hotel and relax for a while amidst the comforts of your
room. Explore the rest of the day at your own leisure with the
nature. Overnight stay at the Hotel/Resort.
Day 02: Munnar
After having the breakfast proceed for
a morning sightseeing trip of Munnar; visiting the Eravikulam
National Park. The Shola forests around Mattupetty are ideal
for trekking and bird watching, with the variety of birds found there.
Enroute visit Echo Point, Kundala Lake, View Point & green
carpet of Munnar Tea Gardens. Overnight stay at
Day 03 : Munnar Thekkady (110 kms. - 03 hrs.)
After enjoying the breakfast proceed
to Thekkady which offers diverse attractions like Wildlife Sanctuary,
Hill Station and Spice Plantation. Thekkady is natures own little hideout
nestled in the hills of Thekkady. Reach & check-in at the hotel and
relax for a while amidst the comforts of your room. Visit the local
spice market for some garden fresh spices and handicrafts. Overnight
stay at the Hotel/Resort
Day 04 : Thekkady
After the breakfast proceed to the most
attractive feature of Thekkady the famous Periyar Wild life
Sanctuary. Thekkady is the place where one can go for a Wildlife
cruise to view a large variety of wildlife like Wild Elephants, Nilgiri
Langur, Sambar Deer, Wild Bison, Wild Boar etc, and quite a lot of
unique birds can also be spotted. You can recreate yourself by having
Optional activities like spice plantation Tour, Bamboo Rafting, Trekking
and Elephant ride. Overnight stay at the Hotel/Resort.
Day 05 : Thekkady Houseboat (130 kms. 03 hrs.)
After enjoying the breakfast proceed
to the boat Jetty, board the traditionally decorated houseboat and
begin the enchanting backwater cruise. The backwaters of Kerala is
a unique product of Kerala and is found no where else in the world.
Sparkling greens, emerald backwaters, coir-laden houseboats and magical
beauty heals your mind and body as you travel to surreal Kerala.
Overnight stay in the Houseboat.
Day 06 : Houseboat Kochi (100 kms. 02½ hrs.)
After enjoying the breakfast pack your
baggages with a promise to return once again to this part of the world....
Proceed on time to board your flight/train with sweet memories of your
holidays. We await for your next visit ... Bon Voyage. Service ends.